Sunday, January 1, 2012

Progress Report for 2011 New Year Resolutions

Before I begin with my 2012 resolutions, I’d like to make an update on last year’s list and how each item affected my new and improved promises for 2012. In no particular order:
1.    
Too much sunshine ei? 
This was me during the Tree Planting Activity in Bulacan, Philippines
     
      Plant trees.
I’m not a hardcore environmentalist but I’m doing my best to reduce my carbon footprint. In 2011, I planted a total of 30 trees! Wee! One tree planting activity I went into even invited persons with disability so I also got to meet them and help in their efforts to save Mother Earth.

2.   Encourage at least 5 moms to breastfeed.
Funny thing is, out of five, I encouraged one DAD to convince her wife to exclusively breastfeed their newborn daughter. Myra is the wife of my officemate, Jeff. Jeff was actually the one who’s so interested in listening to my hilarious and heartwarming (?) stories of nursing my baby. He’s way too curious for a guy because he’s always asking me the do’s and don’ts of breastfeeding, what to expect and what to use as if I’m a lactation expert of some sort. Little did I know, he’s already sharing it to her pregnant wife.  

Updated on April 13, 2012
I’m happy to inform that another officemate of mine is currently breastfeeding after giving birth last March 2! That’s 2 out of 5. Happy me!

3.    Do at least one random act of kindness each day.
Again, I’m no Mother Theresa but I try each day of my life to do the ARK or Acts of Random Kindness. I’m so blessed to be part of Medical Missions, Outreach Programs for the underprivileged and gift-giving to orphans. Likewise, it’s the little acts like making a friend laugh after a heartache or hugging mom to soothe her longing for dad among others are what makes my day extra special.

So for 2012! Here’s a longer list:
  • ·         Eat healthier
  • ·         Exercise
  • ·         Pray more often
  • ·         Take time to read, dance and travel
  • ·         Meditate
  • ·         Watch a theatrical play with hubby and the kids
  • ·         Stay away from toxic relationships, drop it. They don’t deserve my time anyway.
  • ·         Take good care of my skin
  • ·         Enroll in an online writing course
  • ·         Make a shout-curse-all-you-want stress journal where I can simply write and let go anything and everything stressing me. This one should be locked in my dresser. And double lock it.
  • ·         Blog more, write more, photograph more
  • ·         Cook more, discover more recipes
  • ·         More, more time with the kids and hubby
  • ·         Revive my dinner and movie dates with hubby
Cheers to a new year and a better life! Dio ci benedica!

0 comments:

Post a Comment