Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Year of Miracle


August 20, 2011

It’s my youngest daughter’s 1st birthday today and I am here early in the office to attend to all my backlogs and projects. Is there something wrong with me? 

In our current state, I don’t have the luxury to excuse myself from work since I badly need this job. But then, I’m hoping and praying that God would change our situation so we may fulfill our roles. I’m trying to understand why He placed us to where we are right now. Maybe he wants us to learn. Maybe it’s what’s best for now. Whatever it is, I am confident that He has better and bigger plans for us.

It was a very pleasant evening of August 20 of last year when I delivered to a bouncing and lovely baby girl. The operation was smooth. I didn’t get to fall asleep despite the anesthesia injected in my spine. I felt numb from chest down to my feet. I can feel the movement but there’s no sensation, though. My eyes were half-closed when I saw a naked little thing pass by my right side. I was looking at her eyes and surprisingly, she was looking at me, too. She has a healthy wail when she was taken away from the operating room. It was the moment when I silently offered a prayer of thanks to my Father up there. Indeed, babies are living proofs that God never lost faith in mankind. 

I cannot put to words what I felt when I had Carly. It was a different feeling when I gave birth to Eve, my first-born. With Eve, it was a life-changing experience for me since it was my first time and I was very young then. I was 21 when I had her. With Carly, she’s like a breath of fresh air. Maybe because I was prepared and confident that I can take care of the miracle that is Carly. I call her my miracle baby. 

We didn’t expect another baby since I had a thyroid condition for about 3 years but I was taken cared of by my endocrinologist. She said that it’s a gift from above because I cannot conceive if my hormones are not in a normal level. I was nervous when I learned about Carly because I worried about her health. My OB-gyne briefed me that we may want to take extra care so as not to lose the baby. Every month, I get to check my thyroid levels and have my endocrinologist take a look at me and my baby. It was a tough pregnancy but with God’s help, we got through it. I feel so blessed indeed.

Updated on January 1, 2012

I may want to add that 2011 was tough on me but with God’s help, I together with the whole family got through it. Eve is so happy with her new school and new friends. Carly is constantly excited with her new food explorations (she has an appetite like an elephant ;)) Hubby is very much hopeful with the career waiting for him in 2012. 

2011 took me to another rollercoaster ride with matching tsunami waves on the side. But then, it was a year of miracle that I’ll always be thankful for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment