Friday, December 24, 2010

Time is a precious gift


Time just fly by so fast, ain't it? It's one of life's resource that seems to be too precious for me right now. Three months have passed since I last posted here in my blog. And yes, it's time to get my fingers workin' again.

First up, I'd like to thank God for taking me on a rollercoaster ride this 2010. The year gave me a generous serving of heartaches but nevertheless been kind and fruitful. For 2011, I'm ready to learn and grow more. Research, exploration and experimentation were sort of my addiction since childhood.

After I fully committed myself to breastfeeding, I'm glad to say I'm living up to my vows. More than a month since I got back to work, I still EXCLUSIVELY BREASTFEED my 4 month old baby girl. I feel much fulfilled whenever I lay down at night knowing I maximized my role as a mother, wife and a carrer-woman. It's tough sometimes especially when I do field work like outdoor photoshoots and media rounds. But then, stubborn as I am, I usually find a way to make things work for me. Good thing, I researched and bought all the things I'll be needing when I go back to work. Among my trusty "breastfriends" are my breastpump, milk storage bottles and my super reliable FRIDGE-TO-GO. For a more realistic approach, my target period for exclusive breastfeeding is until my baby's 6 months old. I know in God's grace, I can still continue beyond that even if I do mixed feeding (combination of breastmilk and infant formula).

It's also true that kids grow up so fast. Though Eve (my first-born child) still dances like a baby, she is undeniably ready for school. After she went to summer school, waking up every morning with Eve would mean endless dialogue on why she won't be able to go to school yet. I was pregnant then that's why her dad and I decided Eve will start studying come June of 2011 (here in the Philippines, our school year starts in June).

At the age of 4, the idea of studying excites Eve. Going to school would mean meeting a lot of friends, more playtime, more ABC's and 1, 2, 3's and according to her, "more drawing". As she is fond of working on objects, figures, shapes and people in her drawings, I figured her strength is in visual arts. Guilty-mom is what I call myself that's why I sometimes shower her with artsy toys/tools to stimulate her creativity.

2010 also taught me to value relationships. We lost 4 of our relatives this year. 1 from an accident and 3 from illness. My heart aches for the death of my cousin, aunts and grandmother. Then again, our loss is heaven's gain. I know they're now happy up there though their presence is greatly missed down here.

Deaths in our family made me seek for a better relationship with my parents. It's now my turn to take good care of them since I won't be this person if not for their love. Their one of my top priorities this coming year. I'm also praying that God shower them with good health so they can appreciate old age with their lovely grandchildren.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment