Friday, June 4, 2010

Mommy wants Eve's DS lite

The original title of this post is actually ‘Eve and her DS Lite’ but a realization suddenly struck me. So read on so you’ll get the rationale behind the selfish title above.
Our relative from the US sent Eve a Nintendo DS Lite just a few weeks ago. Her dad, being a video game geek, loaded the console with a number of cool games. Eve quickly got her way thru using the DS since she loves tinkering with the stylus that comes with it. She particularly likes the game Sally Salon and Cooking Mama. It’s entertaining to watch her solve the challenges without getting frustrated. One try didn’t stop her to reach a higher game level. I also appreciate when she asks for either me or her dad for help everytime she gets confused with instructions.
Although she has her DS to play with, her painting, coloring and block-building activities aren’t forgotten and is still part of her daily play routine.
I got to experience DS during my lax time after office and surely, it’s addicting. I remembered when I was still in highschool, I got hooked with playing computer games in the weekends. The likes of Counterstrike, Ragnarok, Sims, and Battle of Realms were the games that I’ve taken interest in. I used to play from sun up to sun down with my meals being taken on the couch beside the computer.
This time feels different. I don’t have the luxury to waste time for computer games when I should rather spend it actually playing cuddle cadoodle with Eve and her dad. I shake off the feeling of self-pity everytime I feel deprived of the things I could get if only I’m single. Being a young mom, I also struggle with thoughts of wanting to experience what it could be like if I only spend for myself.

But seeing my little doll is enough for me not to regret anything that happened in my life. Her bright eyes and infectious smile is God’s answer to my senseless doubts and fears. With Eve, I don’t need a cheat code just to get her to laugh. I don’t need to level up just to gain her affection, hugs and kisses. The high feeling you get when you finish a video game is incomparable with the contentment in your heart just by knowing you’ve spent quality and quantity time with the person that matters most in your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment