Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lessons you learn from other people

It’s amazing how other people can cheer you up unexpectedly...
I was feeling the blues this morning (either because of a complicated situation or pre-partum depression) and I had to literally drag my feet going to the office. I was glad to see my dad and sister via webcam but the elated feeling instantly evaporated. Given that I’m already on my 7th month of pregnancy right now, some days just doesn’t feel good for me. A mixture of mental, emotional and physical stress has overwhelmed me for the past few days. Yet, I find no reason to give up knowing I badly need this job.

My good friend in the office isn’t around so I had to keep myself busy to distract myself from the negative mood I’m having for the day. During lunchtime, I opted to eat alone since I don’t feel like chatting with the others.
After I finished my meal, I was waiting at the pantry for my turn at the washing area and I noticed one of our janitorial personnel was having a conversation with one of my officemates. I overheard my lady officemate say " Rico, after 5 minutes marami ka na ulit huhugasan jan at lilinisin. Di ka ba napapagod?".
"Ma’am, alam mo dapat masaya ka palagi sa ginagawa mo kahit marami, konti, maliit o malaki. Ako nga masaya palagi kaya pogi at maraming biyaya!", Rico said.
Unconvinced, she said " Dami ko kaya problema!". Then Rico even added, "Pag puro problema iisipin mo ma’am, naku tatanda ka! Di naman mawawala problema pero kung naka-smile ka habang may problema eh di hindi mo proproblemahin and magmukhang matanda!"

It was a simple logic from a simple person who cheered me up with his words that day. It’s not that I feel more fortunate for having much compared to him, but the contentment and hope I saw in him was enough to inspire me. Thank you Lord. You always manage to make your presence felt especially when my spirits are down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment