Sunday, July 18, 2010

Morning Bliss

Mornings for me are sacred. It’s the time of the day when you get to wait and watch your little angel slowly open up her eyes. It’s when you get to feel the warm snuggle of your still asleep hubby. It’s when you get to thank the Lord for another day, another week.

Since I live just 10 minutes away from my workplace, I have the luxury of getting the most out of my morning free time with Eve and Gab. Wakey time for the three of us means playtime before breakfast, cuddle cadoodles and kiss squeezes (picture Eve between me and Gab as we both kiss her on the cheek until she feels squeezed). I love how Eve smiles whenever she sees her dad and I hug or kiss. I simply get the vibes that she feels secure with the sight of her parents show their affection in a "wholesome", kid-friendly way.

After maybe 20-30 minutes of kulitan, we go downstairs for a hearty breakfast. Eve is the life of our mealtimes. She always manages to make us laugh with her innocent remarks and responses.
One time, she was at the living room and I had to call her and shout from the dining area as I’m about to get late. She immediately said, "Mom, don’t shoouut!" Then i said, "ok little girl, no more shouting for mommy. I’m sorry!" Whenever I remember this scene, it never fails to make me smile. She’s really growing up....so fast.
Oh, how I love mornings!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment