Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On baby essentials: What do I really need?

I’m currently in my second trimester of pregnancy and itching to buy baby stuff already. Having experienced to buy almost everything (from baby essentials to cute lil nothings) I see in a baby boutique during my first pregnancy, I learned now that you only need to stick to the basics. Why? It is because kids grow up really fast!!
I believe every parent has a different style of bringing up their little ones, I would like to share mine.


When I was pregnant with Eve (my first-born daughter), its a good thing I invested in a sturdy playpen, breast pump, a Safety First Tub and a sterilizer. I also opted for cloth diapers until Eve was 6 months old because I’d rather have a pile of laundry to do than watch my baby suffer from UTI and diaper rash. My hubby and I also decided not to buy a crib because we want our baby to sleep between us. Likewise, it was convenient since I exclusively breastfeed her then.

On my list for my second baby shopping are:

A new breastpump. My previous pump was borrowed by a relative but wasn’t returned anymore. Most probably, I’ll look for an Avent Isis which will be ideal if I intend to breastfeed even if I’m already back at work.






A breastfeeding pillow for extra comfort and more snuggle time w/ baby when nursing.








A durable diaper bag. I bought 2 bags from Baby Couture before and both can’t withstand the wear and tear. I’m trying the:Nine West Baby Love Messenger Diaper Bag










or the LeSportsac Patent Ryan Baby Bag





A bed rail. Since Eve is used to sleep beside me, a bed rail will keep us all safe.








Perhaps I’ll also consider buying a Snuggle Nest so I wouldn’t worry about the baby getting suffocated by me or hubby or Eve.




I think that's basically all I need right now. Besides, baby still has lots of pedia visits and shots to go to so might as well just save up for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment