Saturday, May 29, 2010

Time

As I watch her sleep, I can't help but regret the times I haven't been with her.
Instead of a day spent cooking for her favorite meal or a painting session at the garage, I am at the office rendering my services to one of the country's top corporation. I handle PR work for the branch and write about the company's events, promotions and csr projects, etc. Part of my job description entails me to establish and maintain a good relationship with the local government and the media.
Yet, it feels like it's my relationship with my daughter and husband that needs more nourishing.
Having been so absorbed lately at work, it kills me to admit I am already taking them for granted.
My little girl is growing up so fast. Only the length of her pajamas tell me I already lost track of her height measurement. I hate it when it's her yaya who tells me of her little but clap-worthy achievements like returning her cups in the ref or that she can already draw shapes familiar to her.
I can't help but remember when Eve was still a baby. I love the way she needed me for I am her only source of food (she's a breastfed baby). I love how her tiny fingers grasp my pinkie as if to say "I'll never let you go mommy". I love her peaceful face everytime she falls asleep on my chest as if my heartbeat is her only lullaby.
They say there are no perfect mothers. Though I feel inadequate, I'm trying to be the best mom for my precious daughter. I will never cease to give all the love, care and most important of all--time to the the one person who made me realize God is good. With the things I have no control of, I lay it all to Him. May He lead us to the path he planned for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment