Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Home-Made Chicken Nuggets

As someone who’s still a rookie in the kitchen, I have been researching on how and what to prepare for a kid’s meal or a snack. I’m not a big fan of fast food but I know with a little creativity, I can make nutritious and mouth-watering recipes for my Evee.

I was thinking of making chicken nuggets minus the preservatives and oil from deep-frying. So I bought everything I need to make my little foodie experimentation. On my basket were:

Chicken fillet (cut into strips), calamansi, flour, cornstarch, iodized salt, pepper, Magic Sarap, eggs, fresh milk and corn oil

Using calamansi, salt, pepper and Magic Sarap, I seasoned the chicken fillet and kept it inside the ref overnight. I also prepared the batter which included flour, cornstarch, egg, fresh milk and a dash of salt. I may have taken experimentation by heart for as you may have noticed there are no measurements for the ingredients so it’s basically a trial and error thing.

I woke up early the next day to combine the meat and the batter for frying. I cooked fried rice, egg, dilis and chicken nuggets for breakfast. I also sliced 3 sweet potatoes so she can have something to munch on for her morning snack while watching her favorite Nickelodeon show “Team Umizumi”. I also had to rush for work that morning so I ate quickly (with hubby and Evee still in the middle of eating), took a shower and got dressed. Eve’s empty plate and loud burp is enough to make me feel like an Iron Chef Mommy!

Oh and by the way, she’s requesting for French fries. Might as well run to the grocery to get some large potatoes for tonight’s homemade crunchy fries!

0 comments:

Post a Comment