Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Your Family's Safety: Carnapping Incidents on the Rise

Last night's news regarding recurring carnapping incidents along EDSA surely gave me shivers and tremendous fear for my family's safety.
Based from news reports, the victims came from the airport and on their way home, the hijackers bumps their car from the rear. The subtle collision is intended to prompt the passenger/victim to alight from their vehicles. Apparently, the criminals start tailing their victims from the airport. Most of the hijacked vehicles were SUV's.

The news affects me big time because most of my relatives especially my dad flies in and out of the country for like 4 times a year. Early this quarter, he wanted to buy an Isuzu Montero but I just convinced him to delay the purchase. Call me a freak but I fear for my parents' life so bad. Speaking of family safety, my husband and I invested in a zapper where we bring wherever we go. Our zapper is very handy and carries just enough electricity to make an attacker unconscious.

Likewise, I do hope the government would approve and implement the GPS tracking devices in vehicles. I heard that LTFRB has this project last year but it wasn't successful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment