Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nanny needs help

And so I have to get this off my chest quickly before it eats my sanity...

This week, our nanny came back and I was really relieved. She left two weeks ago because she said she’s been suffering from muscle numbness, blotchy skin, fever and itchiness from every part of her body. I was heartbroken when she had to leave us for she was the only nanny I ever trusted that much with taking care of my toddler.

Thank God we survived two weeks without a household help. It was tough, but we managed. There was this one time when she dropped by the house to visit us (I was in the office then). My hubby called me after nanny’s visit and he pitied our nanny’s condition. My hubby said, Janine look red and swollen from all over. She looked really sickly. After hearing what my hubby has to say with Janine’s appearance, I consulted a few doctors whom I know. They all recommended to let her take a CBC test. I quickly texted Janine and insisted she take the blood test. She said, her father wouldn’t allow. Maybe because he knows every test, every doctor’s appointment would mean "money down". Heck, I was really annoyed with her father’s attitude. I told nanny to tell her father not to worry about the expenses.

After a week, nanny told us she’s ready to get back to work. My hubby gladly said yes. She then told us what the doctor said about their consultation. Nanny has the symptoms of someone with leprosy. I’ve gone speechless upon hearing it. First thought that came to me was the safety of my daughter and my unborn baby. What if they contract the disease? How can I prevent my daughter from getting near her nanny?
But then, I also thought how difficult Janine’s condition is. She needs our help.

She asked if we can allow her to take the day off on Friday so she can go to the doctor for her second checkup. We agreed that she would update us on what the doctor will advise her. We also told her not to hesitate to ask for help from us for we would surely be glad to be of assistance.

Kind, trustworthy and patient nannies are hard to find. There isn’t a perfect one, though. I’m just grateful God sent someone like Janine who I know loves my daughter so much. She had been a great help for us for the last 2 years. I’m a working mom and without her assistance, I may have lost my normal mental state. What we are experiencing right now may have been too much for me to digest yet.
I pray to God for her healing. I pray for good doctors and people that may also be of help in Janine's health improvement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment